Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Synesso love

Yesterday, Corrie, Sara and I went down to tour the Synesso plant (yep, they're made right here in good ol' Georgetown). We got to see various machines in various stages of assembly.


This was right up my alley from my former life as a nuclear engineer. Sortof. I just couldn't understand how these machines ran without Uranium-235. I can already tell my next job is going to be making nuclear powered espresso machines.

A super barista turned machinist named Jeremy showed us all around and answered all my nerdy technical questions on the machines, from the new magnetic switches to the automated machines that are being built for Australia.


In the end Jeremy made us all killer coffee drinks (with the brilliant use of a naked portafilter) , I got a laurel wreath and felt like some sort of roman god while I sipped my latte away.

No comments: